This website requires Javascript to be enabled to function properly.
Home > About Us > Northland Area Federal Credit Union FAQs

What should I do if my wallet is lost or stolen?

If your wallet has been lost or stolen, take the following actions:

  • Call Northland at 989-739-1401 so we can take action to help protect your accounts.
  • Call the three major credit reporting agencies and ask them to immediately place a Fraud Alert by name and Social Security number. The alert means any company that checks the credit knows that information was stolen and they have to make contact by phone to authorize new credit.
    • 800-525-6285  Equifax
    • 888-397-3742  Experian
    • 800-680-7289  TransUnion
  • Notify the SSN national fraud hotline 800-269-0271
  • Cancel active credit cards
    • 800-828-3901 VISA
    • 800-991-4961 VISA after hours/weekends
    • 800-627-8372 MasterCard
  • File a police report the same day, if at all possible, in the jurisdiction where the wallet was stolen.
  • Visit for more information.
This answer has been viewed 1934 times.

Related Questions