Great News! We've Upgraded Our Digital Banking
Our new online banking is a more personalized Digital Banking experience that’s so smart yet so simple to use.
All of the day-to-day functions you've come to rely upon are still there, and complemented by new features like:
• New Look & Feel
• Personalized Dashboard
• Goal Setting
• Secure Support
• Debit Card Payments
• Business Banking
• Financial Wellness Tools
Here’s what you need to know:
- If you are using our Mobile App, check that you have the newest version beginning October 12th.
- Apple IOS users: Update the Northland Mobile Banking app by going to the App Store on your Apple Device.
- Android users: Uninstall the old Northland Mobile Banking app before installing the new app.
Stay tuned in the weeks and months ahead as we continue to launch new features to help you bank how you want when you want.
We’re excited to deliver these powerful tools to you. Thank you for your patience and for being a member-owner of Northland Area Federal Credit Union.
Register for Digital Banking
To sign up, download our new Northland app at your app store and follow the prompts.
We want this transition to be smooth for you, and we're here to help.
Check out our New Digital Banking FAQ or call us at 989-739-1401 to talk to a Northland representative.
Set up all of your Northland accounts so that you can quickly switch accounts when using Digital Banking.
1. Click the profile icon in the top right-hand corner of your screen.
2. Choose Switch Accounts.
3. Click Add Switch Account.
4. Fill in the Username & Password field for the account you are adding.
5. To protect the security of the account you are linking, select the delivery method you prefer to receive a Verification Code.
6. Enter the 6-digit Verification Code to Continue.
7. Your switch accounts will appear on the Switch Accounts page. To switch between accounts simply click on the account username.
Subscription Alerts allow you to choose what alerts you want to receive, how you want to receive them, and the frequency. Alert Method options include; Email, Text, or Push Notifications. Push Notifications are received through the Northland Mobile App.
Security Alerts let you know if suspicious activity takes place on your account. Sercurity Alerts cannot be completely disabled. You can choose the method of notification for Security Alerts.
Alert History allows you to see a history of all alerts triggered from your account.
You will find Digital Banking Settings within the Menu. Here, you can update your Profile, Security, view your mobile Activity, and Switch Accounts.
Update your profile image and contact information, such as phone, Email, and address.
Make changes to your username, password, and view which devices are currently registered to access your account. In addition, you can add additional layers of authentification to your login.
Get a great view of your account activity and detailed information on logins, transactions & device information. Use these helpful tools to help monitor your accounts for suspicious activity.
If you have multiple accounts (personal, retail, business, etc.), this feature allows you to create a link between those accounts for quicker, easier access when switching between accounts. Once you add your switch account, you can easily switch between accounts by clicking on "The user settings profile image" and clicking one of your other linked profiles. You will then be automatically logged into your connected account.
Click on the Customize icon on the right side of the page and select Accounts or Dashboard to customize how you manage your Northland accounts.
- Toggle the button On or Off to select accounts you want visible or hidden on your dashboard
- The eye icon indicates that your account is visible on your dashboard
- The eye with a diagonal line in front indicates a hidden account on your dashboard
- Use the 6 verticle dots icon to change the order of the accounts on your dashboard
Customize Your Dashboard
Spending Analysis - To activate the Spending Analysis feature:
- Click on Dashboard and click Activate on the Spending Analysis box.
- Read the disclosures. If you agree to the terms and conditions, click Accept.
- You should now be able to view your Spending Analysis
- The 3 verticle dots icon allows you to choose how many days are included in the analysis directly from the dashboard
- Click on View More Details to customize the accounts, categories, and days included in the analysis
Customize Category Groups within Spending Analysis
- Choose Account Type (Checking, Savings, etc.)
- Click on Transaction
- Edit Name and change the category by making a selection from the drop-down menu
- Click the Profile icon
- Choose Profile from the list
- Choose from the following options: Personal Details, Address, or Preferences
- Update Email
- Update phone number (after change please check the Verify to complete the change for Multi-Factor Authentification (MFA)
- Add a profile image
- Update Address
- Create temporary mailing address with a start date and end date
Activate or deactivate Financial Wellness tool
Under the View my Accounts tab, choose an account, click on Details at the top and add a Nickname for a more personal experience
- Toggle the Online Statements button to the On position to View & Download eStatements
- Toggle it Off to turn off Online Statements
- Login to Digital Banking and click on the 3 dots icon
- Choose Travel Notices
- Select your Travel Dates and the Card(s) that you will be taking on your trip
- Fill in the required fields and click Submit
Loan Payoff Calculator
- Login to your Digital Banking Account and Click on the 3 dots icon
- Choose Loan Payoff Calculator
- If you have any eligible loans to pay off, select the account & fill in the date you want to pay off the loan
- Click Calculate Payoff Amount
Card Controls for Debit and ATM Cards
Card controls allow you to turn off your Debit Card to disable it if it has been misplaced, lost, or stolen. If you find it, you can quickly turn it back on again.
- From your Digital Banking account click on your Checking or Savings account
- If you have an eligible card on the account you will see a Card Control Tab. Select the Card Control tab
- Toggle the button to turn your card Off and disable card transactions
- Toggle the button On to turn it back on to activate your card for use
- Stop Payments
- Documents & Statements
- Travel Notices
- Loan Payoff Calculator
- Card Controls
To stop payment on a check or an ACH login to your account and:
- Click on the 3 dots icon and choose Stop Payment
- Select Stop a Check or Stop an ACH
- Fill in the required information and click Continue
- Verify the Stop Payment Request and click Confirm
Stop Payment History
To view your Stop Payment History login to your account and:
Click on the 3 dots icon
Choose Stop Payment
Click on History to All Stop Payments, History for Checks, or ACH transactions
Documents and Statements
Login to your Digital Banking Account and Click on the 3 dots icon, choose Documents & Statements and choose from the list of document options
How to change your password
Click on your Profile icon and select Security which will take you to the Security Validation page
Click the Change Password button
Input your Old Password
Input a New Password, Confirm your New Password and click Save
Passwords cannot include your name, member number or SSN/EIN
This secure real-time banking service offers the follow features:
- Bill Pay
- eStatements and eAlerts
- Online check reordering
- Loan applications
- Stop Payment option
- View incoming electronic deposits and holds
- VISA card access
- Mortgage information
- Share history, transfers, and loan payments
- Year-to-date interest earned and paid information
- Quicken downloads
- Check Images and much more!
Use this safe and secure way to receive your monthly statements conveniently and on time. No more waiting for the mail or worrying about losing your sensitive financial information. View and balance your accounts where and when you want. E-Statements go great with Digital Banking. Sign up for eStatement within Digital Banking today!
In additon to Digital Banking Northland offers C.O.R.A., which stands for Courteous, Optional, Reliable, and Available 24 hours. With C.O.R.A. telephone service you can do the following:
- Check current available balances
- Verify Automatic & Payroll deposits
- Review transactions and paid dividends
- Transfer within the same account
- Advance from a Line of Credit
- Make loan payments
- Review History
- Report a lost/stolen Credit Card
- Report a lost/stolen ATM/Debit Card
Call C.O.R.A. at 989-739-1401, Option 1
Northland recommends that members change their password every 30 days. Passwords should include a combination of numbers, letters and symbols.
Mobile Deposit or Remote Deposit Capture (RDC) allows qualified members to “deposit” checks electronically to their Northland account using a mobile device. Simply scan an image of a check and it electronically deposits to the credit union.
Remote Deposit is available to qualifying Gold, Silver, and Bronze accounts. Ask how you can qualify!
Mobile Wallet for VISA and Debit Cards
Mobile Wallet offers Northland VISA or Debit cardholders a safer, simpler and more secure way to pay. Use your compatible mobile device in stores and online without entering personal information. You can pay with a single touch, so no one sees your name, card number or security code. Your card info is not stored on the device or Apple, Samsung or Android servers. Download the Mobile Wallet app today!
Wherever you are on your journey, we’re here for you. Stay connected to your accounts with Northland Digital Banking.
Northland does not charge a fee for digital services. Check with your mobile service provider, usage fees may apply.
Go to main navigation