No. The credit bureau does not allow us to give out copies of the report. You may request a free copy of your credit report by visiting AnnualCreditReport.com.
If you’re interested in learning your credit score, it is also available on the site for a fee. It is not necessary to purchase your credit score or any other service from the site in order to obtain a free credit report.
You do not have to be a member to apply for a loan, but upon approval you will need to qualify for membership. Our Switch Kit makes switching your accounts a breeze!
Who qualifies for membership?
People who live, work, worship, or attend school in and businesses and other legal entities located in Alcona, Alpena, Antrim, Arenac, Benzie, Charlevoix, Cheboygan, Clare, Crawford, Emmet, Gladwin, Grand Traverse, Iosco, Kalkaska, Lake, Leelanau, Manistee, Mason, Missaukee, Montmorency, Ogemaw, Osceola, Oscoda, Otsego, Presque Isle, Roscommon, and Wexford counties in Michigan; and also included are spouses of persons who died while within the field of membership of this credit union, employees of this credit union, members of their immediate family or household, and organizations of such persons.
Still have membership questions? Please stop by any branch location or call 989-739-1401.
Yes, we offer multiple mortgage options with local decisions and local servicing.
Absolutely! We know how important it is to find a financial partner who understands the business needs of Northern Michigan, and we offer a complete range of quality services. Some of our available business loans are:
• Business Real Estate, Undeveloped Commercial Property
• Construction, Turnkey Purchase, Expansion
• Start up, Operating Capital, Lines of Credit
• Equipment, Vehicles, Rentals
Need more information? Visit the business loans page or contact our community business lender Wendy Lee at 989-739-1401 ext 4243.
We do not participate with any government student loan programs at this time.
The federal government requires that each of the three national credit-reporting agencies—Experian, Equifax, and TransUnion—gives you a free credit report every year. Here's how to get your free report:
- Online, visit AnnualCreditReport.com
- By phone, call 877-322–8228
- By mail, write to Annual Credit Report Request Service, P.O. Box 105281, Atlanta, GA 30348-5281.
- AnnualCreditReport.com also offers Credit Scores for a fee. No purchase is required to get a free Credit Report.
- We suggest ordering 1 credit report every 4 months in order to monitor your credit throughout the year.
- Do not contact the individual credit-reporting agencies. They typically charge for reports when contacted directly.
- Beware of other sites that claim to offer free credit reports. They often charge for another service if you accept the report. These services may come with recurring monthly charges.
Find out about rebuilding credit.
There are several ways to pay your Northland loan.
• Transfer funds in seconds within Home Banking. Not yet signed up? Call 989-739-1401
• Transfer funds through our mobile Android, iPhone or iPad apps*
• Call 989-739-1401 ext 4 to speak with a local Call Center staff member
• Visit any Northland branch for assistance
*Mobile apps require activation through traditional Home Banking
We suggest requesting a free credit report from AnnualCreditReport.com once every 4 months.
The federal government requires each of the three national credit-reporting agencies—Experian, Equifax, and TransUnion— to provide you with a free credit report annually upon request. By staggering the receipt of each of your credit reports, you can continuously monitor your credit reports for error or fraud.
An unsecured loan is a loan without collateral. Written on the good standing of Northland members, and based on their credit history and purpose, unsecured loans start at $250, and offer affordable terms, low payments, fixed or variable rates*, with discounts awarded for automatic payment transfer. Find out more.
*Rate and payment may increase on variable products